minfopra online census 2023. The Cartographie MINFOPRA – “Cartographie des Postes de Travail” or in English – workstation mapping, is an online census project instituted by the Minister of Public Service and Administrative Reforms – MINFOPRA, whereby State workers in Cameroon create and update information about themselves and their career online.
Origin of the Online Census or Cartographie MINFOPRA
The Cartographie MINFOPRA is part of a big project instituted by the Head of State, H.E. President Paul Biya aimed at “assainissement du fishier solde de l’Etat” or getting rid of names which remain fraudulently or negligently on the payroll of the State.
In 2008 by decree no. 2008/365 of 08/11/2008 pertaining to the organisation of the Ministry of Finance, in its article 67, the President of the Republic of Cameroon created a service in charge of keeping up-to-date the State’s payroll.
Reason for the Cartographie MINFOPRA
The purpose of the Cartographie MINFOPRA or the online census is to clean the State’s payroll by getting rid of names of:
- deceased State workers;
- fraudulently created State workers;
- resigned State workers;
- those State workers with irregular absences from service;
- those on secondment, etc
- who still enjoy monthly remuneration from the State budget?
We should understand that just in 2019 alone after a part of this cleaning was carried out, the State was able to save more than 30 billion F CFA which could have been unduly paid out to undeserving individuals.
Who is concerned by the Cartographie MINFOPRA
Generally, it concerns all workers employed by the State, both contract workers and civil servants.
However, the practice has been witnessed to be done mostly in those ministries under the Executive arm of the State. Other ministries like the Ministries of Defense and of Justice have not really experienced this or are not yet following the Cartographie MINFOPRA project. They, however, have their own census carried out using different procedures.
How is the online census done
The Cartographie MINFOPRA is done with the help of a computerized system put in place by MINFOPRA at this address. Here, State workers are expected to create accounts, log in to their accounts and update information concerning them through their accounts.
Step-by-step guide on creation of an account on Cartographie MINFOPRA
2. Make sure your internet supply is constant as if you do not finish setting up your account and it goes off, you may be in great difficulty like thousand other workers, to login into the Cartographie MINFOPRA system.
- Open Chrome on your computer.
- Click. Settings.
- Click Privacy and security.
- Click Site settings.
- Turn on Allowed (recommended).
4. Select the language you are comfortable with
5. Click on “Identification”
6. Fill in the form appropriately so that you can create an account.
You should remember to write down or take note of your password so that you should not be among the thousands of workers who are finding it difficult to remember and reset their password. If you are using the help of another person to create your account, you should ask them to write down your password and give it back to you as you will be needing it subsequently.
When you are done filling in the correct information, you should click the “Create an account” button.
7. When called upon to log in with your new login details, do so.
8. If you have forgotten your password, click on the “forgotten password” button and fill in the information requested. Write down your new password so that you do not forget the password next time.
9. Now update your information following the instructions and clicking the “next step” button
10. Now, you save and print out the information as you may need to present it sometime at your work place.
Consequences of carrying out the online census on the cartographie MINFOPRA
For those who correctly fill in the information, their census information will be updated. It does not however mean that your career status in your ministry is regular. It only means that you have provided the State with data that shows that you have done your census correctly. If you still have some documents that have not yet been included in your career file at MINFOPRA or your ministry, you will need to take steps to update the appropriate ministry.
If you do not do the census, know that the minister has threatened time and again that you may as well consider yourself to have ceased from being employed by MINFOPRA.
Challenges of using the Cartographie MINFOPRA
1. The system has no help feature or information for those who cannot follow it step by step
2. There are many links on that Cartography homepage that will keep loading and loading without any results and as such keep the user waiting and hoping in vain that their request is being treated.
3. You will find it very hard to log in to the system if you start and your internet connection fails during the process of creating your account.
4. There are several bugs in the system. Users have complained that at places where they are to select e.g. their matricule or post of responsibility, the choices present do not satisfy those they need to enter in.
Caution to the users of the Cartographie MINFOPRA system
There are many users who complain of not being able to create an account because the information they are supplying has already been used. If you openly post your name and matricule on the internet or Facebook, any person can use the information to create an account and you will never know the password and you will not be able to use your information again unless the other first account is deleted. So do not post your personal information online. It is not safe.
If you need the help of a third party to create and update your account, make sure that you meet the individual in person and you people work together to fill in the information. If you send the information online to someone you do not know or trust, the person can use the information in ways that may hurt your career subsequently.
It is good that you fill in the information on a desktop machine so that you can easily save it for printing later. If you do not know how to save and print information through your mobile phone, then avoid using it for the purpose.